Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Looking at the Midway Process

This week we'll be looking at the midway process of developing an illustration for one of the short stories called, "The Cold Front". After I sketch out a few ideas I choose one thumbnail to develop more. If you remember the sketches I posted up last time you'll find the thumbnail I decided to develop on the bottom right hand corner.



I decided the simplified gesture would work for what I had in mind.

Next I developed a value sketch of what the finished image would look like. Keeping the character separated from any background elements I thought would help give the image more of an isolated feeling.



The next step was to burn some paper to incorporate into the final image, which you'll find out goes along with the story when you get the chance to read it. After several sheets of burning I chose the better looking burnt paper and scanned them in.



Next, I draw the final image, then scan it into the computer and manipulate it until I get something I like. But you won't be able to see it until the website is up and running.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: